The focus in the previous ‘list of 10’ was on Histon because that’s where the High Street is. But there’s a fair number of consumer businesses in Impington as well. They’re not all shops but they are businesses that deal directly with members of the public.
Note that this list does not include consumer businesses on Vision Park (D:licious and Progess) or behind the Station (Station Road Garage). They are in Histon.
The situation may change of course. We are expecting planning applications for the former Bishop’s site, the Station site and the one behind it and it’s hoped that they will be mixed use.
Here’s the detail behind the Impington list:
- The Holiday Inn: hotel, restaurant and health club; mainly a destination
- Anglia Fireplaces: fireplaces (as it says on the can); a destination store
- Richard Stebbings: funeral services; the ultimate destination!
- The Station Stores: convenience store
- The Railway Vue: restaurant, public house and entertainment venue
- Best One: convenience store
- Spire Cambridge Lea: hospital; another destination
- The Geographer: delicatessen and coffee shop
- Well: pharmacy
- Impington Sports Centre: health club